November 10, 2012

The Tuscan Transition



Switching gears after a fantastic adventure in France, I am refocusing my attention on the great wines of Italy.  Several functions this month have my creative juices running on overdrive. Firstly, I am conducting a tutored tasting for a private group of 20 and they've asked for an Italian theme. For that, I'm thinking Presecco, Orvieto, Barbera, Barolo, and Amarone.  The evening is sure to be a memorable event.

Additionally, I'll be the guest host on Twitters WineChat at 9 pm on November 28th where we are talking Super Tuscan wines in the most informative, action-packed, and welcoming environment imaginable - join us if you can!  

I've also just renewed my writing agreement with Oakville's online newspaper for another six month run. Do take a moment to visit the site at Oakville.com where you can read about the history of Chianti and the impact of the Super Tuscan phenomenon on that region.

Cheers,
Tyler

Link to Oakville.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Choose Anonymous if you're not sure what to select under 'Comment As'

Some background...

My photo
Tyler is a member of the Wine Writers' Circle of Canada and the Guild of Sommeliers. He writes about and reviews wine both online and via a variety of circulating publications. In 2009 Tyler founded North of 9 Fine Wine, a free public wine education resource where he publishes his Thoughts, Theory, and Recommendations. For additional vinous related information and learning, follow on Twitter @TylerOnWine